Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 341

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

WONDER WOMAN 75TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL. 2017.
Acryla Gouache on sketch cover, 7 × 10.5″.

I don't typically like painting on sketch covers, but I'm always happy to do so for the Hero Initiative. They'll be auctioning this piece for charity on May 27 at the Phoenix Comic Con. You can see this (and the rest of the covers) at the Hero Initiative site. And if that weren't exciting enough, here's me posing with my very own Lasso of Truth!



I don't think you're ready for this jelly


aaaaalmost there...


washing in color


rough pencils

3 comments :

  1. Is the facial expression you do used as well? Or do you have a full idea on how the face will look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have a whole host of reference inspiration lying around. In fact, my first pass looked too much like me, so I put this photo away and tried again.

      Delete
    2. Ok, now we have to see that lol

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.