Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 300

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D.: 1953 #1 Cover. 2015.
Gouache and acrylic on bristol board, 13 × 19″.

It's Wacky Reference Wednesday Number 300!!!! You can celebrate by picking up Hellboy, which hits shelves today. If you need convincing, there's a preview at Entertainment Weekly. If you're still not sold, It's written by Mike Mignola and Chris Roberson with inks by my Pops and colors by Dave Stewart. If you still need more reasons... I can't help you.


I make a pretty convincing child.


digital color study


digital pencils


digital layout

8 comments :

  1. What a mmount of hardwork, but the final product deserve it, awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Monumental work Mr. Rivera. That research thing... Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. Truly amazing. I love Rockwell and try to make tribute to his work in much of my pieces. But you made something awesome in this cover. Thanks for the inspiration, master! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi may I purchase the original art to this cover? Lovely stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it's already been purchased. But the interior art and next 2 covers are still up for sale at Splashpage Art.

      Delete
  5. Amazing. love your every whacky reference wednesdays post. whenever someone asks me about the role of using references in art, I give him a link to your blog :). thanks to posts such as this.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.