Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 276

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

THE VALIANT #1 COVER. 2014.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

Today is the day! If you've been following this blog for very long, you know how infrequently I have actual comics on the stands. It's downright painful. But today is different! Visit your local comic shop. Buy it on Comixology. Tell your friends! Tell your ex! Tell everybody!


Valiant Vogue! That's an Airsoft gun, I swear!


inks by my Pops


blue-line print of pencils


pencils over digital sketch


digital sketch


digital layouts


detail of my Dad's inks

2 comments :

  1. I am envious of that cloak of yours. Could have really saved me some trouble on a piece I just finished.

    Reviewing these Wacky Reference posts is showing me a thing or two about how much to stick to my references and when to just imply the details. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has definitely come in handy over the years. My Mom made it for me senior year of RISD. (I even wore it for graduation.)

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.