Rocket and Groot

Friday, June 6, 2014

ROCKET RACCOON. 2014. Ink & watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

Happy Friday, folks! I've been hard at work for the past 3 weeks on another one of my crazy painted covers for Marvel. Hope to finish soon (and be able to show it before the end of the month). Blog-wise, I've had cut back my Muddy Colors posts to every 4 weeks (instead of every 2). I'll still have a post on Monday, just not the super-in-depth tutorials.

And lastly, for those of you who have been wondering if I will ever return to real comics (as opposed to just covers and such), the future looks bright. Might even have something on shelves before the year is through. That's all I can say for now. Have a great weekend!


GROOT. 2014. Ink & watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

3 comments :

  1. Hey Paolo,

    Just writing about your Tumblr posts showing in newsfeed. Not that this ever makes up for all your color/techniques advice but just letting you know that your images aren't showing up in the dashboard feed part of Tumblr. They come up as generic icons even though the body text shows up. While everything looks perfect on the live Tumblr site, the dashboard feed nixes the images. I've encountered this myself when I tried to sync wordpress (on my neglected art site) and Tumblr ( though this could be eblogger)

    The newsfeed/dashboard stream is the bigger thing on Tumblr so I like seeing your images in the Tumblr feed when you post updates there. It's a weird bug in Tumblr. It makes you manually have to go in and add thoses images after you post from an outside source so it can show up in the photo/dashboard feed, Somebody out there may know a better plugin or workaround to not do that extra step but just sharing. The only way way I know is add images after Wordpress or eblogger posts. It could be mischief made by Tumblr itself. I only mention that because I'm sure the big following you have just looks at the newsfeed too.Just trying to keep Tumblr worth your while, I look at it more than use it. Hope that helps. I'm in the design world more than comics (for now) so I see these things.

    ----

    p.s.
    my poster book cover was big success with my client via your technique (i'll share it sometime on twitter). And I love Manga Studio for coloring in art (has sweet fill-in open space paint bucket tools there) but you do need photoshop/illustrator for finishing techniques and color finessse (hue saturation, filters & son on), Also Illustrator for logos. But its good and its cheap ;-)

    best
    Michael Koch

    funfuncomics.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, see them in my Tumblr feed now, My bad! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that too on the Tumblr dashboard. I guess it works sometimes, but not others? Either way, I appreciate the heads up. Thanks!

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.