Comics Experience Banner

Friday, October 11, 2013

Comics Experience Banner. 2013. Ink on bristol board, 10.5 × 4″.

Here's a web banner I did earlier in the year for Comics Experience, the on-line comics course where I gave a lecture this summer. I pretty much had free-reign to do whatever I wanted, so I tried to channel a few different genres in my sketches. Originally, I was going to do more, but I ran out of time.


inks


I forgot which way the image needed to face, and so I had to flip the final version. Since I inked this one myself, I went straight from digital sketch to inks with minimal penciling.


digital sketch


alternate color


digital skteches

You can catch Comics Experience at NYCC this weekend. I couldn't make it to the show this year, but hopefully I can next time around. If you're in the city, be sure to keep an eye out for the Valiant car, which sports our cover for Unity #1. And finally, if you're in the market for my original art, Splashpage will have a booth at the show, #2405. Have a great weekend!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.